Friday, April 2, 2010

Unexpected and Wonderful Sunshine

The weather report as usual were calling for rain.  It didn't rain.
In fact, Friday April 2 in Juneau Alaska turned out to be a truly beautiful, sunny, and very warm day.  I had spring fever bad, and so did everyone else I was working with.  It was Friday.  It was unexpectedly and wonderfully sunny.  I tried hard to focus on work and only succeeded off and on throughout the day. 
By mid-morning I grabbed my camera, left the jacket in the office, and headed for the main road - intending to walk, enjoy the day outside for even a short while.
Juneau is a most beautiful place regardless of the weather.  The mountains surround and hug me, always close.  The water speaks loudly to me, demanding that I meet it at the shore.  Calling to me, and understanding that one day I will be able to put my kayak in....somewhere.....and paddle to my hearts content.  The trails call my name, and know that I will visit them just as soon as I can.
Juneau is a most beautiful place regardless of the weather.  But on a sunny day such as today it is such a magical place I can barely describe it.  It takes your breath away.
Some pictures taken close to town, and at low tide.
My favorite grocery store close to work - good coffee and good muffins.
Boots bought at the Salvation Army store for $5 for my Mountain Boy.  No green plaid, but hopefully they will work :-)
This is a really nice article from today's Juneau Empire describing a whale that stayed in the area over the winter rather than heading south:

2 comments:

  1. Well....I told ya the best was right around the corner

    Good blog post... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great.....I like the "Medeia", that's one sharp boat.
    Speaking of sharp....WOW, a pair of green "Juneau sneakers" for my very own...I really had my heart set on plaid, but oh well.....thanks Doll. lol

    I love Ya Doll,
    MB/LC

    ReplyDelete