Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Miss.........

After a very long and tough day at work I was driving home and on the spur of the moment pulled onto a side road close to Auke Bay called Fritz Cove.  I had seen homes for rent both while still in TN and after having moved here to Juneau, and turned down the road out of curiosity to see what this area looked like.
It is only a short road (maybe 2 or 3 miles) that dead ends at a turn-around.
These are pictures that I took quickly at the dead end and at a pull-off on the way,.......
After 4 consecutive beautiful days of sunshine the weather turned back to cloudy, drizzling and cool today.  That's OK - I was stuck indoors most of the day at meetings, preoccupied when I was between meetings, and preoccupied on my drive home.
I forced myself to be outside for a few minutes so I could ramp down, slow down, and I am glad that I took a quick detour down to the cove.  A beautiful place.  There is no shortage of beautiful places in Juneau.  The mountains and water and pine trees helped to bring me down a bit. 

Some thoughts - totally random.........
1.  I am far away from my family when someone gets sick
2.  I wish I knew exactly when my son was coming home from Iraq.  I miss him and want him back.
3.  My $900 car is running perfectly, and I am still in amazement at my luck
4.  My diet has turned to absolute crap.  I can muster neither the energy nor the desire to put any thought into it
5.  The more I get to know people the more I like my dog
6.  The more I get to know people the more I like my dog
7.  I miss my dog
I AM ADDING THIS A FEW HOURS AFTER MY ORIGINAL BLOG ENTRY:  My son saw my entry tonight and called me from Iraq.  He is flying out in a few hours, stopping in 5 different places on the way home (couldn't tell me where over the phone) and will be back in the US on Saturday.  My child is coming home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.....glad to hear your son is on his way home, one of your concerns somewhat resolved I hope

    I guess you have encountered some people with an attitude...keep in mind that is often related to a long ole winter, it changes somewhat when spring actually arrives and the sun is seen regularly

    Suggestion...get a box of shells and head out to the range, its great therapy and you'll meet some neat people w/o an attitude

    Dave..

    ReplyDelete