Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring Fever and Old Cars

The day started very much the same as it did yesterday - completely smothered in deep fog that effectively hid all things that make Juneau the awe-inspiring town that it is. 
No channel.  No sky.  No mountains.  No "Christmas Trees". 
But thankfully, the fog (not quite as dense as it was yesterday) lifted early, and by lunch time we Juneauites (both old and new) were bathed in sunlight, and people downtown naturally gravitated outside.  The skies were blue and a temperature guage at City Hall read 47 degrees.  Today I was engulfed in Spring Fever.
After some disappointing searching for the past couple of weeks, I bought this car tonight.  1991 - automatic - fairly new tires - new battery - gas tank filled and oil changed - has a 2 foot ding on the drivers side back panel - too many buttons on the inside - $900.  Bought because on the first of March I move out of my extended stay hotel downtown and into my rustic cabin Out The Road.  With luck this old car will get me to work and back for the month of March, and until I get down to TN to bring my beloved 2003 Chevy Silverado truck back here to Juneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment