Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just a Thought.....Only a Thought

A house for rent Out The Road that meets all the criteria we had hoped for in a home in Alaska
Pictures of the interior.  There were others (of the living room and the propane "wood stove") that I did not post because it included the faces of others, and I did want to post those pictures without consent.
Wood details throughout - and from top to bottom
Picture of the deck
Exterior of the house
A random dog sled in the yard - unexpected and nice
The back "yard"
View of the house from the driveway
The driveway on the left, and the dead-end road to the right
Pictures of the road leading to and from the house
Yes....this looks like it would be prime bear country (woods surrounding the house and throughout the entire area)
Water access a few minutes from the house
The house is a little less than 1000 square feet.  Propane cook stove and propane wood-stove.  Heat by the stove and a space heater.  Catchment for water and septic for sewer.  Cable internet and TV.  No cell phone reception in the house, but received a signal in the back yard.

RE: the title of this blog......a private comment that means something to someone.

4 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic find Doll, you did great. Looks like a beautiful, rustic place to live.
    I think we will really enjoy living there.
    We can take walks from right out our own back door. We can grill out on the deck, and sit and talk while we eat........watching for bears that come in when they smell my wonderful cooking; yeah I know, that's a joke. I don't cook that well, but one of us has to cook, you won't. ha ha
    I love ya Doll, let's just get the loose ends wrapped up so I can get up there, and we can start enjoying this "Most Beautiful of Places" together.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Mountain Boy,

    I called and we are now the proud-renters of a cabin in the woods. :-)

    Extremely great news. These kinds of places are almost impossible to find in Juneau. It's a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing news! Great job! I'm so happy for you guys, that house is great. And it's in such a beautiful place, with the water only minutes away. That's great, I really hope you enjoy it. Is it a long drive from downtown Juneau? In all honesty, out the road is looking like my favorite place in Juneau as well; though, that bear crossing sign was a bit intimidating. Hahaha :)

    Again, congrats on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Domenic - it took me 4 1/2 months to find it. I am very very pleased to have found a home that suits our needs.

    It is about 20 miles from downtown - but by the end of the year I will be moving into the valley for work (which will cut the commute in half).

    Out the Road is BEAUTIFUL. But I spoke with someone who knows the area where the house is, and there are a lot of bears.

    ReplyDelete