Thursday, February 25, 2010

One Day At A Time

The pictures above were all taken during the 5 straight days of sunshine that we had late last week and that happily ran through this past weekend.  They were taken at that same peaceful and beautiful cemetary that is close to my work.
Today was yet another grey day filled with fog and rain.
I have not worked out for the past four days - no hiking, no biking, no running, no swimming, no strange looks from people at the hotel as I run up and down 5 flights of stairs...........
It has been a week of ups and downs.  Work seems thankfully to have settled down and settled in.  I have been preoccupied with establishing utilities and securing car insurance.  Making arrangements to meet landlords and getting credit references from TN utility providers.  Buying second hand items I will need to get , until I can finally regain ownership of all of my own belongings - I am now the proud owner of 2 cups, 3 bowls, one glass and a saucepan.  The house includes a few items of furniture.  I have bought other items that are currently stored at someone's house, and transportation of those times out to the house will have to wait until the following weekend because UHaul is not open on Sundays........I will have to buy some blankets, sheets, pillows, oh and maybe a spoon and a fork.........maybe even a couple  :-)

I have been preoccupied wondering when our house in TN will be rented out.  Enough is enough.  I am getting tired of worrying about money and how much it is costing to pay for two households in two states.  Getting tired of being alone and missing the man I want to spend my life with.  Getting tired of missing my dog.  Getting tired of worrying about whether or not my Mountain Boy will settle here, and be happy and healthy here.  Getting life situated here for us as best as I can, and hoping and believing that the rest, in good time, will take care of itself.  Just taking things one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. The approach to everything is the same down here Doll, I'm just taking each day as it comes......sort of in limbo.

    It will all come together soon. Something will give, it has to. Just try to get yourself moved into the cabin in the woods, you'll be in a better state of mind once your out there.......just don't let your guard down. Your in "BIG Bear" country. Those "Coastal Browns" are huge, they have no sense of humor, and no fear of anything.

    Try to keep your spirits up, it can't stay like this forever. Soon everything will work out, and all this will be behind us.

    I love ya Doll,
    MB/LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, keep your chin up! After reading your post yesterday I thought 'well, we did something right with our kids despite our role models'. Take heart in the knowledge that your kids love you. Your alone time will be over soon then you'll be able to get on with life together with your mountain man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Little Sister. Thanks for reading! And thanks for responding. K

    ReplyDelete