Monday, February 22, 2010

OK LC...........Now I'm Paying Attention

This cross is located at a cemetary just a few minutes walk from work.  This cemetary is a beautiful and very quiet place.  I have walked through this place a few times over the past couple of weeks, but I felt like an intruder there today.  As I walked through the cemetary I nodded to an older couple who were bent over with a scrub brush and a small pail of water cleaning a stone.  It was a touching scene in the middle of a quiet and beautiful spring-like day.

I can hardly wait to bring my kayak up here from Tennessee.  There are waterways everywhere in Juneau, and I am looking forward to paddling in this new land.
A cutter leaving from the Coast Guard station, which is located right across the road from the hotel where I am staying.
Today was a very good day.  Work was quiet and productive - non-confrontational - smiling, relaxed and cooperative.  It felt good to be there.  I felt comfortable and in sync there.  It feels good and reassuring to be able to say that.......
I successfully got liability coverage placed on my new/old car - $86 down and $37 a month through Allstate.  I could hardly believe how cheap it was.  It will do the trick until I can get my truck up here......
I got basic cable and internet set up at the house I am moving into this weekend (either Sunday best case or Monday worst case), and received the forms to fill out for electricity. 
After 5 straight days of unbelievable sunshine (well, not at the airport or out at N Douglas) the clouds and rain and possibly even some snow, are all scheduled to return again beginning tomorrow.  Highs up to 41 though.
I received a report that a bear was sighted (up, awake and wandering on a trail) in Thane this past weekend.  Yes, the same trail that I was up, awake and wandering about on this past weekend.
OK LC...........they're up and I will pay attention to you my friend.  We'll talk.

3 comments:

  1. More beautiful pictures, that place changes by the hour........your right, it is the most beautiful of places.

    I'm glad someone ran into a bear, and I'm glad you titled this page; "OK LC.......Now I'm Paying Attention".......keeps me from having to say those words that nobody want's to hear...."I Told Ya So"....so I won't say that.

    I love ya Doll, I'm glad everything is coming together about the cabin, and the car......I like that car, you did a great job finding that car.

    Later Doll, love ya,
    MB/LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, very serene like you said.

    Bears already? Wow. I'm glad it wasn't you who discovered it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 feet a snow coming tonight...did that new ride come with chains

    next you're gonna need a shoulder-holster and a 44 mag when you're out and about...its time for the bears to begin wandering for a spring meal

    ReplyDelete