Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tomorrow is Another Day


I imagine that everyone who goes through huge transitions in their lives experiences the same thing at some point. Anger.  Frustration.  Regret.  Loneliness.  Maybe depression.  And at the end of the day self-doubt.  Today was that day for me.  It was not a good day.  Personally or professionally.
I have not been in Juneau very long.  I know that after leaving family, friends, loved ones, my home, and my job, feeling all of those things is most likely normal.  But knowing that doesn't help.  Not right now anyway.  I'm sure that it will help tomorrow because it has helped every day to this point.  But not right now.
Tomorrow is another day. 

Here are some random pictures that I have taken over the past few weeks.  

A remnant of the gold mining era.  This picture was taken on the beach of Douglas Island S.  The beach is littered with many of these types of interesting objects

Taken from a trail at Mendenhall Glacier.  Absolutely beautiful.

Alaska Marine Highway Ferry

Kayak rentals at Auke Harbor.  Closed for the winter, but a wonderful way to view sea-lions and enjoy whale watching at other times of year

A stream in the snow of the Auke Nu Trail

A few more abandoned boats
 

No comments:

Post a Comment