Thursday, January 7, 2010

Leaving Tennessee Tomorrow








I am flying out of Nashville airport tomorrow, and although I know that I am about to begin a new adventure in the most beautiful of places I feel a bit lost right now. I am leaving my significant other down here for a few months while he continues to work on selling the house and selling our stuff - a man who has lived a full life of hardship - a man who was as lost as I was when we first happened to meet by chance almost 3 years ago now - a man who keeps me balanced and smoothes out many of my rough edges. A man who I think loves me as much as I love him.

I had breakfast with Son #1 this morning.........too many goodbyes is too hard on both of us, so just..........see you soon Baby. And I love you.

And my goofy-assed dog Jamie. A part-chow part-something-else who just happened to show up on my doorstep one day almost six years ago, and somehow found her way into my heart and into my life.

Son #2 called me from Iraq last night wanting to wish me safe travels. I wished him (as always) the same thing. Keep your head down Baby and don't volunteer for anything while you're over there..........

The past couple of days have been filled with goodbyes - mostly with people who it has been nice to know but who haven't played a big and personal role in my life. That said, it's still difficult to give up the familiar and walk into the unfamiliar. It will be OK - I keep telling myself that it will be OK, and the man and the dog and I will all make a good life up there in the most beautiful of places.

More packing to do and some pictures of the snow in Tennessee.



4 comments:

  1. Once again, wishing you a safe and "speedy" trip to Alaska! Great pictures!

    Deb..(Grannysroost)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beach, mountains and snow! What a perfect place! The dayllight season is going to be beautiful!
    Hang in there, Karin. I think you're suffering from a normal thing called "buyer's remorse" regarding the thoughts about your job, the move, etc. Take time to settle in and you'll know you made a good decision. After all, it could be worse. You could be in Haiti with Kurt and Joe! HA!
    Happy New Year! ---Carolyn Harper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lucy Boss forwarded your blog on to me, congratulations on your adventure! I grew up in Fairbanks (currently a Philly gal) - if you ever need to really get away, I can clue you in to some nice places and people. (Don't believe what they say about Fairbanks in Juneau.) :)

    ~Lynneth Lohse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my blog. I wasn't sure if I would like blogging, but am really enjoying sharing all of my pictures and experiences with everyone.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete