Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day Of Work and One Big Snow Storm


Picture of the snow outside my office window


I had forgotten how beautiful the snow is.  I was honestly glad that
I wasn't driving in it, but was deeply regretful that I could only enjoy
snow in and around my work, as opposed to being out on the trails


First day of work - all 11 1/2 hours of it.  A day of feeling like a lost puppy again - new office, new people, new situations, new problems to solve.  Telling everyone I meet that I am looking for a place to rent that accepts dogs, and that can accomodate our bicycles, canoes and kayaks.  I want to be outside - on trails, among the trees, up in the mountains, feeling like I am active part of the world and not just an observer of the world.
When I was out there yesterday I felt the most peaceful I had felt in a very long time.  It was the first time I had been out on the trails since before my knee surgery, and I had forgotten how much I missed being out there.  Now I remember - and want to do it again and again.
Still have burning questions about where I will live beyond the end of January.  I have burning questions about issues related to work that don't make sense to me right now - there are agendas I don't understand.  Still more burning questions as to whether or not this job, the one that will pay the bills and allow me to do all of the outdoor things that I want so much to do in this most beautiful of places, will ultimately be a good fit for me and my family.  Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Glad your hike went well...I am not missing that snow at all this year! Hopefully each day gets a little better, thing have a way of working out :) GrannysR..Deb

    ReplyDelete