Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here Comes The Sun

What are these things called blue skies and sunshine?  I can barely remember.......it has been a couple of weeks now of non-stop rain, sleet, snow, wind, clouds.  And the weather forecast called for cloudy skies yet again today.  They were wrong. 
I had driven part way down my gravel road this morning - surrounded by high hills and tall pine trees - before I realized that the sky was blue.  And by the time I hit Glacier Highway, I was certain that unexpectedly and mysteriously, it was going to be a beautiful day today.
The picture above was taken at 7:30 this moring.  I pulled off the highway at the Auke Bay Harbor to snap this picture, while letting the other rush-hour folks do their rush-hour-thing.  
I spent the morning reluctantly stuck indoors, until 11:30am when I was finally freed from my back-to-back meeting-bondage.  I rushed outside and down to the water because I knew that people were outside, the sun was shining, the birds were flying about and the sunshine-induced rejuvination of Juneau had begun.

1 comment:

  1. All that other stuff was just to test your patients..:)

    Just wait till ya see whats coming up next...

    You're gonna wish you had fixed up that poor ole boat that was on craigslist instead of making fun of her... !

    ReplyDelete