Monday, June 7, 2010

Growing Things In The Yard


My oldest son moved into a new home and began a new job in Nashville recently.  He and his wife have been working hard - paying off student loans, building careers after recent graduations, and successfully building a life together as adults and as a couple.
My youngest son bought himself a new truck in NJ and it's a beauty.  I am surprised he bought it, because he had a huge gas guzzling SUV with straight pipes and a loud radio that he dearly loved.  A "manly truck" as he so aptly described it.  But after paying a bunch of money to get a new fuel pump after he broke down on the way to New Brunswick recently, I guess he decided his manly truck was beginning to cost him too much money to keep on the road.
My Mountain Boy and his brother and my Jamie-dog are holed up in a nice hotel in a small town outside of Bellingham - resting and relaxing close to lakes and state parks for a few days before the last leg of their journey across country.  Next stop Bellingham, the ferry, and then finally on the way to Juneau.
Feeling anxious and excited and stressed out all at the same time about his arrival.  About seeing him again after being apart longer than either one of us ever expected......
There are wild flowers all over Juneau now - on trails, in the grass along beaches, along the sides of roads, in the yard, in vases in my house.
I weed-eated (is that a word?) two weeks ago, and with the rain and sun and 18 hours of daylight everything is growing much faster than I am used to, so I did it again this past weekend so that the house and yard look nice for when LC gets here.
By the end of the month we should have a lot of blueberries and salmonberries out in the yard.  
Some pictures from around the house.........

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about the ferry trip. I'm going to be bringing a vehicle and some of our stuff up that way myself.

    ReplyDelete