Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And Life Was Good

A group of five float planes in the harbor downtown today, waiting patiently for the cruise ship tourists....
And the glacier seen on my run this afternoon.....

I've been coming back to running over and over again over the past 30 years.
In December 2007 I wrote this on the TrailBlazers Adventure Racing Forum
Last night we had strong rain and high winds. Got up this morning to gloomy skies and freezing temps, and spent about 2 hours in my warm house talking myself in and out of going for a trail run.
Finally grudgingly sucked it up, got bundled up, and went out to the local military base to run. Got out of the truck half-heartedly set for a run, nodded at the two MP vehicles and their drivers parked in the parking lot, and headed in.
For the first half hour I was cold, stiff and cranky, and my heart-rate (as it usually is for a while) was all over the map. And then everything started to even out. I got warmer. My heart rate evened out. I started listening to my MP3 playing Disturbed and Tool, and I started liking doin' what I was doin'.
After an hour I got to a FS road/trail/power line trail intersection, stopped to eat (cookies) and had a look around. It was sleeting, windy and cold. I'm the only person I've ever seen trail run out there, and local mtn bikers never come out when the weather's bad (ha ). I knew I had the entire ENTIRE place to myself. Every single-track trail, every horse trail, every jeep trail, every freakin' FS road was mine. And life was good.
Stayed out for another hour and headed my freezing @ss home for a shower and left over party food from the other night.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey....enough with the scenery pictures for awhile, we wanna see up-close bears pictures.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like AlaskianDave is wanting you to have a "Close Encounter Of The Last Kind".
    Only way I want ya taking close up's of bears is with a 800 mm zoom lens. The sign's all read: "Do Not Feed The Bears"...and that includes "Norwegian Tid Bit's". lol

    Finally a "shoe shot"......I was begining to think you had forgotten about your tradition of giving us a "downward look" at your shoe's. lol

    Great post Doll,
    I love ya,
    MB/LC

    ReplyDelete