Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Monday

I took these pictures this afternoon while standing on the porch in the rain in my pyjamas.
I was working at home today and although I had some specific work in mind to accomplish, I actually ended up spending a good part of my day composing one email.
All day it poured with rain, as it is supposed to do at this time of year when you live in a rainforest........
These are pictures of the house and yard the day I moved into the house at the end of February.
This house, to put it mildly, is quirky.
Weird stove, water catchment system that has a questionable pump, too small cubby holes that double as closets in the bedroom, a oil stove in the kitchen that I have not even tried yet because it requires multiple steps to light it up.
But I love it.  It is far away from town and if I don't want to see people (which is usually the case) I am far enough away that I do not have to.
Once you leave the Valley and head Out the Road the drive is outstandingly beautiful, with mountains surrounding me on one side and the channel shadowing me on the left.
There are overlooks to pull off Glacier Highway, and the view of the water and the Chilkat Mountains are stunning.
There are parks and beaches and coves and trails almost non-stop between Auke Bay and the End of the Road.
There are many wonderful places to stop for a short time after work, and for a long time on the weekends.
I am so glad that I found this house in this place...........

Somewhere behind those trees, and behind the heavy clouds and fog are pine tree covered mountains.......
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain....Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment