Tuesday, November 9, 2010

And They Lived Happily Ever After

About 90 minutes ago I said goodbye to my Mountain Boy at the ferry terminal.  He's heading back down to the Lower 48.

Too much rain.  Too cold.  Too closed in.  No roads out.  Frustration and anger with my job.  Aggravated arthritis.  Too many liberals.  Too closed in..........

I honor and respect his need to leave. 

But every day for the past two weeks I have looked at him waiting for him to say that he couldn't leave me.  Couldn't leave me here.  Couldn't leave me alone.  Here.

Even when I stood beside him and his truck in Lane #3, and it was time to load.  Even right up to the last minute I waited for him to say that he couldn't go and that we would figure it all out somehow.

Life is not a fairy tale or a hollywood movie, and he didn't say that.

Travel safely..............

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for you....sometimes...in order to sail through life following what's in your heart you can't be dragging anchor....maybe when your ready to anchor somewhere just maybe it will work out then.....prayers and blessing for your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that he left. Maybe he'll reconsider and be back. Hang in there. Get out when you can and connect with nature. And don't forget you have a great friend and companion in Jamie and you didn't have that last winter.

    ReplyDelete