Friday, January 13, 2012

Wartrace - Part 2

The weather vane was sitting on top of a very beautiful, historic and very typically southern old home.........

After leaving my Mountain Boy to continue to talk trains, planes and music, I took this picture of the main shopping/business area of this small community before wandering further along the top of the "T"...............
There are many sweet things situated in different spaces throughout town, that show the promise of what this small village must look like during the other seasons of the year.
Outdoor tables, flower pots on tables and chairs (containing only silk flowers right now), multiple large brick concrete planters on the sidewalks, the water fountain.
There are apparently music festivals and art festivals and many other special events scheduled throughout the year to draw in visitors.
I would very much like to come back again during one of those times.
Now that I have discovered this hidden treasure.............
Hillybilly Willys.
Of course.
Why not?
And finally I walked down the very quiet "main street" of the place.
One or two store fronts were closed.
One was being used for the Town Hall.
A couple were restaurants.
And one or two were antique shops.
I walked into one of the shops, enticed by the Little Rascals characters in the window and curious to see what else the store contained.
As I walked in and quickly realized that the store did not contain a whole lot of items, I looked over at the two ladies by the mirror.
One was cutting hair and the other was having her hair cut, and I immediately realized that the two women knew each other well because they were carrying on an animated and friendly conversation while the work was being done.
Looking further I saw three people sitting in chairs close to each other, also casually visiting with each other.
One of the ladies nodded to me and smiled and I did the same thing in return and said hello.
It was the opening she needed because the woman had noticed me wandering around town taking pictures and was curious who I was.
I told her of just moving back to Tennessee and of having never been to Wartrace before and of having a blog.
And of how much I liked this little town.
More pleasantries and I walked out of the store and ran headlong into LC.
I could tell by his face that he was having as good a time as I was...............
As someone who grew up in a musical family, who performed a good deal as a young person and who has a brother who was deeply involved in music as an adult, LC recognized the name of this place instantly.
I had never heard of it.
But after learning about the company I walked out of the small guitar store that was so renowned, and looked again in bemusement at the outside of the simple old building.
A very humble store in the middle of one long row of adjoining stores in town, but also a store which is apparently known world wide.
The link to their website can describe their history and their story much better than I ever could.
A few pictures I took today in the main entrance, of both the guitars and pictures of famous musicians who have played Gallagher guitars.
And one picture taken of the back shop.............
Gallaghers Guitar Company is a very small family owned operation.
The grandmother was holding down the fort when we walked in, and she immediately jumped up to show us the guitars that were on display and to tell us the stories behind some of the pictures.
A very down-to-earth and friendly lady and we enjoyed yet one more surprise during our visit to this village...............
The home belonging to the weather vane, located just up the hill from the business section................
One more quick walk for Jamie and it was finally time to leave the tiny-town of Wartrace.
A really wonderful small town containing a world of history and friendly people.
LC and I were surprised and pleased with what we had found.
It was a great visit.
Not yet quite ready to return to the house we took the scenic route home - heading along long, winding, country roads filled with rolling hills, views of the plateau, and endless farmland.
It was all new territory for us and it was a beautiful place.
A very beautiful place.
We had a longer trip than we had expected, but today we found an unexpected treasure in a town called Wartace.............
The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery when they have to take a detour............Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment