Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Whole Lot Of Wonderful

After two back-to-back meetings in the Valley late this afternoon I reached into my coat pocket for my car keys and they weren't there.
Fished around again in my coat pockets and then my sweater pockets and then my pants pockets.
They weren't in any of the too many pockets and after searching around the area where I had spent the last few hours, I reluctantly realized that I had probably locked them in my car.
I had an extra set of keys.
In my purse, which was also locked in my car.
More reluctance, but I finally called LC at home and asked him to meet me in the Valley.
The last part of that request got lost in translation and 30 minutes after calling him, he called me back and asked me where I was.
He was downtown.
Finally we found each other, I quickly found my keys, it was almost dark and I was very cold.
Time for coffee and burgers.
While waiting for my Mountain Boy to track me down and rescue me from my self-imposed vehicular lock-out, I walked down Riverside Drive to Rotary Park.
This place is a very small and lovely urban park.  It is located within easy walking distance of multiple homes, and is surrounded by mountains.
It contains a small lake that is a great place for feeding the ducks.
And it also contains a wonderful 9-11 memorial that is surrounded by benches, children's play areas and a paved walkway.
It is a whole lot of wonderful in such a compact space..........  

No comments:

Post a Comment