Friday, November 23, 2018

Sharing Her Bounding Joy

I walked with Kory again a few weeks later - again down by the lake and by this time there was little color left in the world.
Fall was coming and it was coming very fast.
The water was receding and it was receding very fast.
And (as has been the case for a couple of months now) I was still in awe of how different the reservoir looked in fall compared to summer.
Kory and I walked over the sand and rocks that had been underwater all summer.
The world was beautiful but in a different way.
A more barren, and monochromatic, and silent beauty.
So different from the birds and grass and water and flowers and green and blue of summer.
The place was silent and beautiful..............
Kory and I have now spent five years traveling together.
Wandering and communing together in both Idaho and Wyoming.
Climbing and hiking and exploring on BLM land and mountain land and lake sides.
She is my traveling companion and I enjoy her companionship immensely.
I share in her love of adventure, or freedom, of movement..................
When I wake up every morning, I smile and say, 'Thank you.' Because out of my window I can see the mountains, then go hiking with my dog and share her bounding joy in the world................Carole King

No comments:

Post a Comment