Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Keeping This Short - Hot, Dry, No Rain In A Month

I have tendonitis in my left shoulder, elbow and wrist, and a sprained right thumb so am trying not to type very much.
So keeping this short.
Very short.
Hot.
Dry.
No rain in a month.
Temperatures above 90 for a month.
Tall grass creeping me out because I can't see what may be slithering around my feet.
Thank goodness for snake boots.....................
“Cress?"
"It's beautiful out there."
A hesitation, before, "Could you be more specific?"
"The sky is gorgeous, intense blue color." She pressed her fingers to the glass and traced the wavy hills on the horizon.
"Oh, good. You've really narrowed it down for me."
"I'm sorry, it's just..." She tried to stamp down the rush of emotion. "I think we're in a desert."
"Cactuses and tumbleweeds?"
"No just a lot of sand. It's kind of orangish-gold, with hints of pink, and I can see tiny clouds of it floating above the ground, like...like smoke."
"Piles up in lots of hills?"
"Yes, exactly! And it's beautiful."
Thorne snorted. "If this is how you feel about a desert, I can't wait until you see your first real tree. Your mind will explode.”..............Marissa Meyer, Cress

No comments:

Post a Comment