Friday, March 2, 2012

No Surer Sign Of Spring

On a partly sunny and very warm day yesterday - a day that was sandwiched between rain and thunderstorms the day before and the tornado watches and warnings of today - I spent some time wandering around a wrecking yard with Jamie while LC searched unsuccessfully for a part he was looking for.
Jamie does not care if we wander on beautiful trails in Alaska or Wyoming or Tennesee, or if we wander in and around car parts and vehicles that suffered violent deaths.
And so we wandered.
With little interest in my surroundings my puppy dragged me along one short gravel walkway after another until eventually I began to take in my surroundings.
Once I actually saw where I was I began to see art.
Over the past couple of years I have seen art in wooden bridges.  In old mining equipment.  In barns and abandoned buildings.  In rock faces and tree stumps and long ago forgotten farm equipment.
Yesterday I surprisingly found art in car parts................
The weather is a dangerous mess today.
Tornado warnings this morning in this and all of the counties around us.
Tornado sirens heard this morning here in town.
Severe damage in Huntsville Alabama 90 minutes south.
Deaths from tornadoes here in Tennessee a couple of days ago.
Much damage and carnage in states immediately north of us.
The first wave of storms blew through the area this morning and the second wave is supposed to hit later this afternoon and into the evening.
No surer sign of spring than this................

No comments:

Post a Comment